Cannock Shopping Centre
Welcome to Cannock Shopping Centre in the heart of Cannock.
This site is designed to help you find all you need to know when planning a shopping trip to Cannock ...
Cannock shoppers continue to support Team GB
Cannock Shopping Centre is delighted to announce that its very own Team GB mascot has now officially been named just in time for the start of the games in Rio.
Last week the centre invited shoppers to enter a competition to win the cuddly mascot by suggesting a name for him. Farrah Shan, aged =10 from Cannock has now been announced as the winner following her suggested name of LionHeart.
Farrah chose ‘LionHeart’ as she wanted to name the toy after King Richard. The loveable toy lion will now live happily in Cannock with the Shan family.
Natal Chapman, Centre Manager at Cannock Shopping Centre, commented:
“We really wanted to get Cannock residents excited for the games in August, which is why we’ve hosted a number of themed events recently including this one. I would like to first thank everyone who entered this competition - we received a lot of fantastic suggestions. Congratulations to Farrah - we loved the name LionHeart and thought it was very fitting!”
Cannock Shopping Centre is calling out to all local musicians
Cannock Shopping Centre is delighted to announce the launch of its brand new ‘Buskstop’ campaign, which offers musicians the chance to raise money for their chosen charity, school or local club by allowing them to busk in the centre to crowds of shoppers.
Running throughout the year, the centre will be opening its doors every Saturday to musicians from a variety of genres. As well as offering local individuals the chance to raise some vital funds for their chosen organisation, it also provides them with a platform to practise their live performance skills and raise their profile in the town.
Natal Chapman, Centre Manager of Cannock Shopping Centre, commented:
“This campaign is a fantastic way to help bring the community together whilst raising money for great organisations. It also allows our shoppers an opportunity to discover new talent in the Cannock area. We are very much looking forward to Saturdays in the shopping centre and we hope our shoppers are too!”
20 fascinating facts about Cannock Shopping Centre
Cannock Shopping Centre has celebrated its 20th Birthday by sharing a huge birthday cake with tenants and a local food bank and releasing “20 fascinating facts” about Cannock Shopping Centre.
Cannock Shopping Centre’s centre management team brought smiles to people’s faces in Cannock yesterday morning as they served up a huge silver birthday cake to celebrate the shopping centre’s 20th birthday. The team shared the beautiful cake between tenants in the shopping centre (some of whom have been resident since the centre opened in 1996) “The Portacabin” situated on Beechcroft Car Park which supplies lunchtime sandwiches to those in need and where some of Cannock Shopping Centre’s management team frequently volunteer at lunchtimes.
To further celebrate the 20th birthday, Cannock Shopping Centre has released a list of “20 fascinating facts” which include reasons to visit and a few surprising “things you never knew”. Check out the list below for details on ghosts, Winnie the Pooh and football pitches!
- Cannock Shopping Centre is bucking the trend of empty retail space seen nationally and in the last month has signed two exciting new leases! Specsavers success at the centre means a move to larger store (from unit 19 with 1156 sq ft to unit 11 with 1825 sq ft) and new store “Fashion Factory” will open later in October!
- The centre opened in 1996 on the site of the former Forum Theatre which had previously been a cinema, hippodrome theatre, amateur dramatics centre and dance hall.
- The shopping centre totals 97,500 square feet – that’s equivalent to nearly two football pitches!
- Cannock Shopping Centre offers a great selection of independent retailers where you are sure to find something different. Independent retailers include Crazy Daisy, Little Italy, Trendy Tanya and Chatwins.
- Cannock Shopping Centre is Cannock’s first choice for fashion shopping with stores such as New Look one of Britain’s leading value fashion stores and winner of Fabulous HS Fashion award.
- Several of the retailers have been at Cannock Shopping Centre since it opened back in 1996! These include Trendy Tanya which originally was a stall in Cannock Market Hall and Chatwins which has recently been taken over by long serving employee Gregg Dent.
- Cannock Shopping Centre has the only public toilets in Cannock and along with the baby change these have recently been refurbished .
- Rumour has it Cannock Shopping Centre is haunted by a ghost who has a penchant for the ladies! Further rumours persist about dancing ghosts and actors from the days when the theatre stood where the centre is now. Why not pop down on Halloween and have your own ghost hunt?!
- For famous high street brands look no further than Cannock Shopping Centre where big names include; Argos, Game, Scotts, Holland and Barrett, New Look, JD Sports, and Poundland.
- Owner of Trendy Tanya, Keshav Chadha is something of a local legend and also a true gentleman, he knows all his regular customers by name and frequently escorts customers around the centre and helps carry their shopping – true Cannock customer service!
- Did you know Winnie the Pooh’s friend is resident in Cannock Shopping Centre? Well he is now and is painted in a mural in the newly refurbished baby change.
- To look and feel fabulous check out the world famous beauty brands such as Clarins on sale at Co-Op healthcare and head to Klair Beauty Bar or Kiss & Make-up for even more pampering.
- You can enjoy live music in Cannock at The Station which is also in Cannock Shopping centre! Over the next few weeks acts include tribute to Bryan Adams, The Smiths and Guns n Roses.
- Staff at Cannock Shopping Centre’s management team are trained as “Dementia Friends” and actively support the Cannock Chase Dementia Action Alliance which reports that over 14,500 in Staffordshire are living with Dementia.
- Many of our cleaning staff have been with us from the very beginning including Steve Mason who started as a cleaner here back in 1996 and still works for the cleaning company that keep the shopping centre looking spick and span!
- You can get the best coffee in town at Cannock Shopping Centre’s Costa Coffee.
- The management team have actively supported several charities over the last 20 years, raising thousands of pounds each year. Charities recently supported include Macmillan, Alzheimer’s and The Charlie Ramsey Research Fund.
- Many people don’t realise that HSBC on Stafford Street/Market Place is also part of Cannock Shopping Centre.
- There are 750 car park spaces within 5 minutes walk of Cannock Shopping Centre and a bus station right outside so getting to the centre couldn’t be easier! There is also a train station nearby as well as the M6 motorway and toll road
- In the next few weeks a new website will go live for Cannock Shopping Centre making it much easier for customers to find out information in advance and plan their visit. Customers can also keep in touch via the centre’s facebook and twitter news feeds.